Monday 23 July 2012

"I can resist anything except temptation..."


What better way starting a blog with a comment from my absolute favorite costume jewelry designer considering the fact there is no such thing as the 'perfect' or the 'right' way to start a blog?

Kenneth Jay Lane is a timeless creator with unique styles I've always admired and it's not only the fine details and the outstanding blend of different materials what makes his creations so special, it's the man himself with his quotes that reflect his down-to-earth and gentleman-like character.

When asked in an interview whether he's ever excited when a celebrity is wearing one of his pieces he replies with: "I get most excited when I see a woman on the street that I don't know wearing it."
You can't help but love the creator, and not only for his fabulous pieces.

For the interview, go and read http://accessorysource.blogspot.de/2010/02/behind-scenes-kenneth-jay-lane.html?m=1

Here the good stuff:
I've already made a mental KJL wish list regarding his latest collection and I am trying really hard (emphasis on really) not to go and treat myself with all of the exquisite pieces on my list as I am trying to get my shopping habits under control.

And yes, as you can see, I'm not really a mix-and-match type of girl, I prefer sets that are well-orchestrated.



Set one:
22-karat gold-plated Swarovski crystal and resin necklace

22-karat gold-plated crystal cuff


22-karat gold-plated crystal clip earrings


22-karat gold-plated crystal ring



 Set two:


Coral Beads Earrings 



EMPRESS Coral Crystal Ring


ROYAL Coral Snake Bracelet 



Set three:


White Enamel Elephant Bracelet 








White Large Flower Ring



The earrings that were meant to go along with this set weren't to my liking but I've included them anyway should any of you want to take a look at them:


White Oval Enamel Earrings




The first set can be found on: http://www.net-a-porter.com/Shop/Designers/Kenneth_Jay_Lane

Sets number two and three are taken from http://www.pret-a-beaute.com and there is a 30% off the entire site so don't miss it!






No comments:

Post a Comment